8.28.2006

Coffee Goodness



I have been alternating between two different coffee cups:
The first is the coffee bitch mug (which I love for obvious reasons)
http://www.cafepress.com/tuffkitty/993339

The second is my 70's era brown pottery mug with the broken handle. It has a pleasing shape: fat and rounded at the bottom, thinner with an ever-so-slight flare at the top. The handle had been superglued back together. I don't use the handle much except when I first pour in the hot hot goodness.

There is always a small moment when I wonder if it will hold. Will today be the day that I pour steaming hot liquid java wonder all over my pajamas? The suspense is wonderful! I love the feeling of the cracks in the pottery (where the superglue oozed out a little and dried) against my hand. I love to cup the warm smooth pottery in my palm.

It gives me some hope that...maybe...just maybe....broken things can be fixed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home